- Malaria and the Developing Worlds of Genome Bioinformatics. W Hide, Science Scope, 1 May 2000.
- Prevalence of small inversions in yeast gene order volution. Seoighe C, Federspiel N, Jones T, Hansen N, Bivolarovic V, Surzycki R, Tamse R, Komp C, Huizar L, Davis RW, Scherer S, Tait E, Shaw DJ, Harris D, Murphy L, Oliver K, Taylor K, Rajandream MA, Barrell BG, Wolfe KH. Proceedings of the National Acadamy of Science of the United States of America. 19 Dec 2000. 97(26): 14433-14437.
- High Frequency of Inversions during Eukaryote Gene Order Evolution in Comparative Genomics. McLysaght, A., Seoighe, C. and Wolfe, KH. Eds. D. Sankoff and J.H. Nadeau. 2000. Kluyver Academic Publishers pp 47-58.
- A Career in Bioinformatics. J Kelso. SA Society of Biochemists and Molecular Biologists. January 2000; 3 (2).
- P Tabakov, VB Bajic, Genetic Algorithms and extraction of rules for detection of short DNA motifs, International Journal of Computers, Systems and Signals, (Special issue: Knowledge discovery from structured and unstructured data), 1(1):106-117, 2000.
- Z Ma, A Jutan, VB Bajic, Nonlinear self-tuning controller for plants with Hammerstein type model and application to a pressure tank system, International Journal of Computers, Systems and Signals, (Special issue: Computer-based control systems), 1(2):221-230, 2000.
- Z Ma, A Jutan, VB Bajic, Adaptive control of a nonlinear pressure tank using gray box modelling with neural networks, Journal of Applied Computer Science, 8(2):45-63, 2000
- X Li, VB Bajic, D. Sha, X Wang, Neural network control with fuzzy-logic compensation, Journal of Applied Computer Science, (Special issue: Selected Applications of Artificial Intelligence), 8(2):121-127, 2000.
- VB Bajic, Stability problems of fuzzy-descriptor systems, Facta Universitatis, Series: Mechanics, Automatic Control and Robotics, Invited paper, 2(10):1403-1413, 2000.
- VB Bajic, D. Sha, X Li, AI-based discrete sliding-mode control for real-time implementation, International Journal of Computers, Systems and Signals (Special issue: Computer-based control systems), 1(2):196-213, 2000.
- D Sha, VB Bajic, X Li, X Wang, Real-time experiments with discrete sliding-mode control enhanced by AI components, Journal of Applied Computer Science (Special issue: Selected Applications of Artificial Intelligence), 8(2): 99-117, 2000.
- VB Bajic, Comparing the success of different prediction software in sequence analysis: A review, Briefings in Bioinformatics, 1(3):214-228, 2000.
- S. Human, VB Bajic, Modelling Ultraviolet Irradiance in South Africa, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 91(1-3):181-183, 2000.
- D Sha, VB Bajic, Robust Discrete Adaptive I/O Based Sliding Mode Controller, International Journal of Systems Science, 31(12):1601-1614, 2000
- KJ Duffy, VB Bajic, BR Page, Analysis and Dynamics of an Elephant-Tree Ecosystem having Abundant and Rare Tree Species, Systems Analysis Modelling Simulations, 38:663-676, 2000
- VB Bajic, Neural network clustering of DNA data for improved PWM determination, Journal of Applied Computer Science, 8(1):49-61, 2000.
- Z Ma, VB Bajic, Adaptive Controller for a Class of Systems with Saturation Nonlinearity, Systems Analysis Modelling Simulation, 37(1):1-14, 2000.
- VB Bajic, IV Bajic, Neural network system for promoter recognition (20 pages), Chapter 14 in Future Directions for Intelligent Systems and Information Science (Nik Kasabov, Ed.), 288-305, Physica-Verlag, New York, 2000.